In Model is the default mode. It will create instances directly in the model, as regular SketchUp geometry.
The benefits of In Model generation are:
- ✔️ Instances are directly visible in the SketchUp viewport
- ✔️ No need for an external render engine
- ❌ It can significantly slow down the SketchUp viewport when generating thousands of instances
In Render Only mode, instances will not be created in the model. Instead, the data will be directly handed to the render engines.
The benefits of Render Only generation are:
- ✔️ Better performance when creating large compositions with thousands of instances
- ❌ The instances are not visible in the SketchUp viewport after you close the Composition Editor
By default, Skatter automatically displays a preview in the SketchUp viewport when you work on a composition. When working on very complex compositions, the preview can take a little while to compute, so you can disable it by clicking the
When working on a composition, you might want to preview another composition at the same time. Click on the arrow next to the
icon and select the other compositions that you want to display.